Failing, Flailing, and Bailing...

...that's what I end up doing when I try to take on the whole world by myself. But that doesn't seem to stop me...

Thursday, December 07, 2006

To my accountability partners:

I'd like to take this time to thank many of you for your open, honest blogs. Blogs that deal with the heart of whatever is on your heart. Blogs that share what is going on in your life, and therefore share Christ.
I live in a vast ocean of emptiness. I'm not trying to be a sensationalist or anything, but there's nothing and (almost) no one here. You can ask Dan if you want confirmation, he's lived here. And at times -- no, for most of my life -- the lack of fraternization and fellowship has weighed heavily on my heart and life. I am, and always have been, an extrovert. Everything about me, from my heart rate and breathing patterns, to the quality and quantity of my speech, to the way I can't seem to slow down at all, all seem to change depending on whether or not people are involved with whatever I'm doing. And there's no offense meant to any of the kids at church, but, I mean, the oldest is 18, and I'm 25, and sometimes I just want a peer.
I know that it is a failing of mine, but I struggle to do anything when I don't get enough interaction with my peers. I have difficulty achieving anything at all. I can't write anything, I can't create things, I can't read good books, I can't even keep a proper blog. What's more, and much, much more important, is that I can't keep walking with God. I know that I shouldn't depend on people. But I do. Without people in my life, in some form, I just shut down. It's not even that I need them to challenge me directly about my walk -- though that is an unbelievably welcome (and rare) blessing -- I just need people to be around.
That's why I love it when you come to CWR. That's why I almost never miss working a weekend there. That's why I am so moved by reading your blogs, that sometimes it gets hard to breathe. That's why I want to thank you for being honest. Without your honesty and discussion of what you are dealing with, I wouldn't take time to think about them myself. You have been my accountability this year, and I thank you.
Please, if you will, reach out to me some time, or someone else. Not necessarily this week, though that would be fine, or even this year, but if you could just call me sometime and say something, it would make my day. Maybe even my week. Truly. And if you feel like it, ask about my walk with God, my current walk. I may not be walking that closely at the time, so the answer might not be an encouragement to you, but the act of the question itself (even if I'm not close to Him at the time) will bless me immeasurably. Thank you for loving God.

8 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

you're welcome brutha. See ya SOON.

12/07/2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm not sure if I'm included in that but, you're welcome. You have definitely been a blessing to a lot of other people too.

Please finish that boat so I can come see you. I miss you a lot.

12/07/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

I can relate...

12/08/2006 3:26 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKzXlqsOeE&eurl=

12/15/2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

Thanks for the visit and the disc, it was good to see you, my man...

12/16/2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I miss you.

1/01/2007 7:12 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

yo david!!! whats goin on man?

1/07/2007 11:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You better post something after the reunion. You'll have plenty to talk about:)

1/12/2007 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home