Failing, Flailing, and Bailing...

...that's what I end up doing when I try to take on the whole world by myself. But that doesn't seem to stop me...

Friday, October 13, 2006

Nothing original here.

Alrighty then, I told you I'd try to put something up here more regularly, and I can't think of anything interesting to say, so here is the tenative (pronounced: not likely) first paragraph of my first book. Like the title of this post says, this is not new. In fact, it's over a year old now, but I found it and read it and thought about it, so that's good. I might even put another paragraph with it sometime, or even a page or two. But this is all for now. I hope you enjoy.

The Midget Prince (this is a tenative title as well)

George climbed to the top of the hill and looked back one last time at his home, the home he had known for his whole life. He said his single, sad goodbye and hiked down into a wild and unknown country. All of his life was now a mystery; no one who knew him before this day would see him again, and no one who met him from this point on would know who he really was. He breathed a sigh of relief mixed with a little bit of fear, and realized that shame had left him. He breathed again, and the fear had subsided; once more, and joy had taken its place. He realized that he really was free to start a new life, and that his new life could be almost anything he wanted it to be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That's such a good first paragraph! I'm already so intrigued! Write more!

(while balancing working 25hrs a day, doing 200 after-work activities, redesigning the entire structure of american youth groups and building me a boat...)

10/13/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger David said...

(the boat's almost done...)

10/13/2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

(excellent!)

10/14/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

one sentence after another. one word at a time.

10/15/2006 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I...LOVE...YOU...DAVID!!!!!!!!! You finally posted some of the book!!!!!!!!!!!! three cheers for david! HIP-HIP-HOORAY! HIP-HIP-HOORAY! HIP-HIP-HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!


-a very happy Duckman (who protects the fair pond of Metropondlis [cheesy superman joke, for those of you who didn't catch it])

10/18/2006 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home